Tuesday, November 5, 2013

just do it

I let perfectionism get in my own way for SO long. It still creeps up on me from time to time. However, I have learned, and continue to learn, to recognize it for what it is. When I do that I can stop it and choose to let go. I personally believe we let perfectionism be a stumbling block for most of us.
This picture is of my worksheets I used while doing ChaLean Extreme. I tracked my weights and reps but you can see I also tracked my days missed. Now, some would have said to double up and do that missed workout...or would have pushed back their whole schedule to not ever miss one. Not me. I knew I would never stick with it that way and would constantly beat myself up for not being perfect. I chose instead to accept that I missed a day (maybe I was sick) or didn't quite finish a workout (the end of the summer the kids got more needy and I'm sure I had some other good excuse) and to move on ahead. You know what? I still had great results. I still had a change inside and out. I got to finish something and feel the pride and boost that comes from that. It was the same with the triathlon I just did. Did I do it perfectly? Absolutely not! Was I mad about the break I took to steady my breathing? Sure was. But I didn't throw in the towel. I kept going. That's what you need to do too.

Just do it. Just put one foot in front of the other. Just pick yourself up. Again. Just give it your best, or the best you can give today. Just keep swimming.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your support and encouragement. Please note that this blog is meant to be a safe and honest place. Spamming and unnecessary negativity will not be tolerated. There is enough of that in the world. Thank you for your understanding!