Wednesday, March 1, 2006

update.

I have officially FINALLY lost 40+ pounds!! YAY. Apparently this is the magic number because so many people are suddenly saying things to me. My sister-in-law (who lives just down the street) said that she really didn't recognize me at church on Sunday. She thought it was someone else sitting with DH. And a lot of friends and family have asked me for more information, wanting to maybe sign up for Nutrisystem. One of my best friends just started doing it with her own food. And NS just started selling some of their lunch bars and desserts at Albertsons and I'm SOO excited!!!

The last few months have been difficult as far as weight loss goes. Times have been stressful and I haven't been vigilant in keeping track of everything and being 100%. Also, I got into the size I expected to be at my goal so a part of me felt like I was where I wanted to be and so I acted like I was on maintenance. But I guess the good news is that I did actually maintain. But now I'm back on top of things and I will be at goal by the beginning of summer- check out my ticker on my page.

Why have things been stressful? Well, I had 2 funerals in the last month. The first was my mother-in-law's mother. That was in Arizona. It was sad because I knew the two of them were close and her dad died when she was 12. I've already lost one parent...I can't imagine losing the second. The second was my best friend's dad. That was just a couple weeks ago. It's been a lot harder than I expected. It's been an eye opening experience too as I've realized how much I would turn to food when upset before. But it's also great too because I have seen how far I've come and food is no longer an emotional thing. I can find other outlets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your support and encouragement. Please note that this blog is meant to be a safe and honest place. Spamming and unnecessary negativity will not be tolerated. There is enough of that in the world. Thank you for your understanding!