Thursday, May 21, 2009

sahm.


I am so thankful that I get to be a stay-at-home mom. Otherwise I would miss opportunities like today's bake sale. I have just really enjoyed my time as a mom lately. I feel like I am starting to finally get a groove with our daily lives and with getting the house in shape, dinner on the table, etc. I am spending more time playing with the kids and more time in my sanity room (doing art or sewing) and more time reading books I want to read. The house may not still be really clean all the time but I do think that it has been more consistently better. I am thankful for this.

Really I am so thankful that I get to be a stay-at-home mom and see my children develop. I have spent so much time just enjoying each of their different personalities. I love watching them interact. I love watching them learn new things and figure things out for themselves. I love picking up W from school and having him tell me all about everything he has learned. This week it is India- which is so fun and hilarious to hear him tell me about Ghandi and elephants for horses and more. I love watching K2 adore his older siblings and try to copy their every move. I love to watch K and K2 wrestle. I love to listen to P and her make-believe play. I love to sit and read with K and cuddle. I love to just hang out and talk with my kids. W wanted to have a bake sale today so we did. We forgot about the house needing to be cleaned or the laundry needing to be finished. I already had dinner cooking. So we whipped up a few cookies and spent the rest of the afternoon/evening having a bake sale and hanging out outside. The opportunities I would miss if I didn't get to stay home with my kids!

Sometimes it is hard to be a stay-at-home mom (or any kind of mom for that matter!). Staying home requires making sacrifices (not to mention making it a priority). It means not getting to live the same kind of lives as some of my friends and sometimes being envious of that. It means maybe not getting the recognition or appreciation for all you do. It means perhaps going all day not talking to an adult or being ready to pull your hair out by day's end. But it is so worth it and I am so grateful that I get to and for all the additional blessings it brings. I could not have imagined the added bonuses and additional joy it would bring in all those little moments and little things that I get to be a part of by staying home and being there with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your support and encouragement. Please note that this blog is meant to be a safe and honest place. Spamming and unnecessary negativity will not be tolerated. There is enough of that in the world. Thank you for your understanding!